From: Collins Richey <erichey2@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Post-installation problems
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 19:29:46
1 On Wed, 30 May 2001 09:58:12 +0200 "Simen Brekken" <mail@××××××××××××.com>
2 wrote:
3
4 > Hey, the installation of gentoo was fairly easy, still I experienced some
5 > bugs:
6 >
7 > 1. /var/log/syslog.d and /var/log/klog.d were owned by user 'bin' not by
8 > 'daemon'
9 > 2. /etc/timezone missing (During bootup kernler keeps complaing about
10 > that)
11 >
12 > I spent all yesterday trying to get the network up and running, but since
13 > I'm not very experienced with diagnosing networking problems I still
14 > haven't figured out whats wrong since every setting I look at in my old
15 > distro (debian, everything works there) is the exact same as in gentoo.
16 > If anyone has any bright ideas for diagnosing this further I would be
17 > very grateful.
20 Post your error messages. By network, do you mean dialup or ethernet?
23 Collins Richey
24 Denver area
25 gentoo system