From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ppc64 + bugs.gentoo.org
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 18:51:37
1 On Friday 13 February 2004 12:48 pm, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > i personally think the sep Gentoo Linux/<ARCH> Products should be punted
3 > ... if we filter by product, what the hell is the point of the Hardware
4 > field ? :)
5 > to this end, we should make the bugzilla peeps allow us to assign bugs
6 > based upon the hardware field ... each arch has a bugzilla account and
7 > typically bugs that are non-x86 goto the arch maintainer before they goto
8 > the general maintainer
9
10 just to follow this up ... does anyone have problems with me removing the two
11 Products 'Gentoo Linux/PPC' and 'Gentoo Linux/SPARC' ?
12 the correct filing for them imho is 'Gentoo Linux' and then setting the
13 'Hardware' field to ppc or sparc
14 bug-wranglers have no problems making sure the bugs get to the correct
15 maintainers and we could look into patching bugzilla slightly into assigning
16 bugs based upon the Hardware field
17 -mike