From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Valid Profiles
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 23:18:36
1 On Monday 01 August 2005 10:22 am, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Monday 01 August 2005 10:15 am, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 > > On Sun, 2005-07-31 at 10:59 -0400, Ned Ludd wrote:
4 > > > - x86/linux24 (deprecated)
5 > > > - x86/linux26 (deprecated)
6 > >
7 > > What should we do with deprecated profiles? Should we still be checking
8 > > against them?
9 > >
10 > > I would think we would, but what do the rest of you think?
11 >
12 > speaking of which, i had an idea to clean up all that crap, i just forgot
13 > to post it a while back ...
14 >
15 > gentoo-x86/profiles/ $ tree obsolete
16 > obsolete
17 > <snip>
18 > then we can punt all the flat profiles and if a user needs an upgrade path,
19 > they can symlink to these in the meantime
20
21 well, no one has said anything about this so i'll go ahead and punt all
22 remaining flat profiles and add this obsolete tree once 2005.1 is released
23
24 in other words, these people will be served:
25 default-alpha-1.4
26 default-alpha-2004.0
27 default-macos-10.3
28 default-macos-10.4