From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Valid Profiles
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 14:25:00
1 On Monday 01 August 2005 10:15 am, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2005-07-31 at 10:59 -0400, Ned Ludd wrote:
3 > > - x86/linux24 (deprecated)
4 > > - x86/linux26 (deprecated)
5 >
6 > What should we do with deprecated profiles? Should we still be checking
7 > against them?
8 >
9 > I would think we would, but what do the rest of you think?
10
11 speaking of which, i had an idea to clean up all that crap, i just forgot to
12 post it a while back ...
13
14 gentoo-x86/profiles/ $ tree obsolete
15 obsolete
16 |-- README
17 |-- alpha
18 | |-- deprecated
19 | `-- make.defaults
20 |-- amd64
21 | |-- deprecated
22 | `-- make.defaults
23 |-- hppa
24 | |-- deprecated
25 | `-- make.defaults
26 |-- ia64
27 | |-- deprecated
28 | `-- make.defaults
29 |-- mips
30 | |-- deprecated
31 | `-- make.defaults
32 |-- ppc
33 | |-- deprecated
34 | `-- make.defaults
35 |-- ppc64
36 | |-- deprecated
37 | `-- make.defaults
38 |-- sparc
39 | |-- deprecated
40 | `-- make.defaults
41 `-- x86
42 |-- deprecated
43 `-- make.defaults
44
45 9 directories, 19 files
46
47 then we can punt all the flat profiles and if a user needs an upgrade path,
48 they can symlink to these in the meantime
49 -mike
50 --
51 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list