From: konsolebox <konsolebox@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Request to add ~> atom prefix operator on Portage.
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 08:41:43
1 On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 4:32 PM, konsolebox <konsolebox@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 4:28 PM, Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> On 14 September 2015 at 20:22, konsolebox <konsolebox@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>> If we use an arithmetic operator like ~> then that could be decided
5 >>
6 >> As a counter proposal I'd suggest a different suffix character than
7 >> "*" instead. It just seems less confusing to have something like
8 >>
9 >> =cat/foo-1.30+
10 >>
11 >> Instead of
12 >>
13 >> ~>cat/foo-1.30
14 >>
15 >> Because ~> to me conveys some combination of ~ and > effects, when it
16 >> is neither of those two.
17 >
18 > I thought ~> is good as it's already famous to fellow Ruby users but I
19 > don't mind. =cat/foo-1.30+ seems good as well.
20
21 @cat/foo-1.30 is also another. It only uses one symbol doesn't look
22 bad if negated: !@cat/foo-1.30