From: Benjamin Ritcey <gentoo@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: perl extra modules
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 11:22:03
1 On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 11:41, Leon Brocard wrote:
2 > Michael Cummings sent the following bits through the ether:
3 >
4 > > I'd recommend only maintaining those perl modules that actually are
5 > > depended on, and even then discouraging the use of ebuilds for
8 > Right. There's the problem of thousands of out-of-date ebuilds. I
9 > guess this isn't so much of a problem with the other languages as they
10 > don't have as many modules as are on the CPAN. I think we've discussed
11 > all the issues. What do the gentoo team think we should do? Have lots
12 > of ebuilds? Use CPAN.pm or CPANPLUS instead? Somewhere inbetween?
13
14 I ran across BSDPAN a little while ago - like the CPAN module, but
15 registers installed perl mods in the BSD PKG_DB
16
17 Food for thought, perhaps:
18
19 http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1253580+1258568+/usr/local/www/db/text/2001/freebsd-ports/20010204.freebsd-ports