From: Leon Brocard <acme@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: perl extra modules
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 10:42:01
1 Michael Cummings sent the following bits through the ether:
2
3 > I'd recommend only maintaining those perl modules that actually are
4 > depended on, and even then discouraging the use of ebuilds for
7 Right. There's the problem of thousands of out-of-date ebuilds. I
8 guess this isn't so much of a problem with the other languages as they
9 don't have as many modules as are on the CPAN. I think we've discussed
10 all the issues. What do the gentoo team think we should do? Have lots
11 of ebuilds? Use CPAN.pm or CPANPLUS instead? Somewhere inbetween?
12
13 Leon
14 --
15 Leon Brocard.............................http://www.astray.com/
16 Nanoware...............................http://www.nanoware.org/
17
18 ... Ethernet: A device for catching the Ether Bunny