From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Becoming a Gentoo developer?
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 14:36:07
1 On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 9:03 AM, hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Having a proper review workflow/platform increases the contribution
4 > factor of the community. And not just that.
5
6 Define "contribution factor." If you mean the number of people
7 writing patches vs the number of people with commit access, I'll
8 agree. If you mean the absolute commit rate to the repository, I'd
9 say that I have no reason to think that this is true.
12 > I'm also not going to give real-world examples of such workflows in big
13 > projects: just head over to github.
16 We already have the same workflow in Gentoo. Anybody can submit a
17 pull request to the git mirror of the main tree. It will get reviewed
18 and committed. We just don't exclude direct commits.
21 Rich