From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Becoming a Gentoo developer?
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 13:03:46
1 On 04/18/2015 02:35 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 >>
3 >> I am really confused. I guess some people have never really been in a
4 >> different workflow than gentoo to know that it's really not
5 >> state-of-the-art. And it really isn't. Not even for distros.
8 > I am not saying that a review workflow is bad. I just don't see how
9 > it fixes our actual problems, which is a lack of commits in the first
10 > place.
13 I think this should be so obvious by now given the past discussions
14 (even in this very thread) that I'm not sure if I have to repeat myself.
15
16 Having a proper review workflow/platform increases the contribution
17 factor of the community. And not just that.
18
19 I'm also not going to give real-world examples of such workflows in big
20 projects: just head over to github.