From: neuron <neuron@×××××××××××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Introducing /srv into Gentoo Linux
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 02:31:12
1 > Shrugs. Personally, I find it more convenient to mount /srv on a nice raid
2 > array - or another large disk - and leave /var on the root filesystem or a
3 > device that's local to the machine. And - as Robin's explained better than I
4 > can - this approach really makes life easier on networked clustered machines.
5
6 but for someone who needs that it's fairly easy to use mount --bind, and for everyone else (the majority) it'd just be adding another dir to root, which I really dont see any reason to do.
7
8 /me has /var/www mounted with --bind to /mnt/storage ;), which is an array of disks ;)
11 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list