From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: The big eclasses massacre
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 16:45:18
1 Travis Tilley wrote: [Mon Nov 08 2004, 01:45:19AM EST]
2 > Brian Harring wrote:
3 > >The env code I worked up for in bug #56408 is in portage cvs- among
4 > >other things, the _only_ time the ebuild/eclasses are required for any
5 > >package phase is setup. I'll be adjusting the code so that it's only
6 > >required for setup when building, not for setup when installing from a
7 > >package also, so eclasses from the tree are no longer used with binpkgs.
8 >
9 > errr... postinst/preinst????! I know the gcc ebuilds would be screwed in
10 > regards to gcc-config switching without a few eclass functions... i dont
11 > think i could make an incompatible change to those if i tried, but still.
12
13 Brian was referring to the eclasses on disk, not the functions the
14 eclasses provide.
15
16 Regards,
17 Aron