From: Travis Tilley <lv@g.o>
To: ferringb@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: The big eclasses massacre
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 06:44:46
1 Brian Harring wrote:
2 > The env code I worked up for in bug #56408 is in portage cvs- among
3 > other things, the _only_ time the ebuild/eclasses are required for any
4 > package phase is setup. I'll be adjusting the code so that it's only
5 > required for setup when building, not for setup when installing from a
6 > package also, so eclasses from the tree are no longer used with binpkgs.
7
8 errr... postinst/preinst????! I know the gcc ebuilds would be screwed in
9 regards to gcc-config switching without a few eclass functions... i dont
10 think i could make an incompatible change to those if i tried, but still.
13 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list