From: Chris White <chriswhite@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] cdrtools license issues
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 20:58:54
1 On Friday 01 September 2006 13:43, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > if you werent implying "remove the package" when you said "not give a user
3 > the option", then what else could you possibly be talking about
4 > -mike
5
6 Working on an the presented alternative, debburn, like I've been saying in
7 pretty much all my emails! This way we can say "Hey, if you're worried about
8 the licensing for this package, here's an alternative". Yes, I'd also like
9 to find the alternative closest to cdrtools that's GPL because the vast
10 majority of CD burning packages out there use it. Heck, dvdrtools is GPL,
11 you could use that. As long as we have an alternative to point users to,
12 good. THAT'S what I'm trying to say.
15 Chris White
16 Gentoo Developer aka:
17 ChrisWhite cpw