From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] cdrtools license issues
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 20:45:33
1 On Friday 01 September 2006 16:28, Chris White wrote:
2 > On Friday 01 September 2006 13:20, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > set the LICENSE variable and/or add an ewarn to the ebuild ... pushing
4 > > your ideals by removing the package is wrong
5 > > -mike
6 >
7 > Ok, where the hell did I even say to remove it. People that are saying
8 > that just need to stop, wtf. I'd rather just focus on the "GPL" safe
9 > alternative that's less likely to screw people over.
10
11 sounds like you need to re-read your own e-mail:
12 > Well, I for one would rather not give a user the option to screw themselves
13 > to this magnitude with a simple "emerge cdrtools". There's people that
14 > aren't reading this list, and aren't going to know what's going on. It's
15 > unfair to them.
16
17 if you werent implying "remove the package" when you said "not give a user the
18 option", then what else could you possibly be talking about
19 -mike