From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: new "qt" category
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 16:53:44
1 On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 15:05:53 +0100
2 Diego Elio Pettenò <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu> wrote:
3 > On 17/01/2013 14:57, Ben de Groot wrote:
4 > > After some initial bikeshedding we came to the conclusion that
5 > > naming the category simply "qt" is the most elegant solution. We
6 > > will then also be dropping the qt- prefix in package names. This
7 > > means x11-libs/qt-core will be moved to qt/core, and so on.
8 >
9 > Please don't. Right now we have only one category which is not foo-bar
10 > and that's virtual... I'm pretty sure it's going to break some
11 > assumption to change that...
12
13 Which is a good thing, since it will force people to stop making
14 incorrect assumptions.
17 Ciaran McCreesh