From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Nominations open for the Gentoo Council 2008/2009
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 14:21:24
1 On Fri, 2008-06-06 at 09:28 +0000, Duncan wrote:
2 > Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o> posted
3 > 20080606013721.06a5c36f@××××××××××××××.us, excerpted below, on Fri, 06
4 > Jun 2008 01:37:21 +0000:
5 >
6 > >> 2. As one of the first priorities will be setting policy for pending
7 > >> appeals what policy do you propose ?
8 >
9 > > I'd also add two new requirements:
10 > > 1. Any appeal must be heard and decided within xxx days;
11 >
12 > Not to seem disrespectful, but "Or what?"
13
14 Or it succeeds. Council may not pocket veto an appeal.
17 > Seriously, "or the appeal automatically succeeds."? Or, "or the appeal
18 > automatically fails."? Does it matter what the appeal is (the scope of
19 > the question wasn't limited to the current situation, so the answer must
20 > apply in broad scope as well)?
21 >
22 Any appeal.
23 > I'd urge being careful here, because it a similar failure to spell out
24 > the details that triggered what amounted to a bit of a constitutional
25 > crisis, tho the worst now seems past, I believe with the correct decision
26 > being made. (My thanks to all involved.)
27 >
28 > So the "or what" matters, as does the scope, which is why I'm asking
29 > about it.
30 >
31 > --
32 > Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs.
33 > "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master --
34 > and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
35 Regards,
36 Ferris
37 --
38 Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o>
39 Developer, Gentoo Linux (Devrel, Sparc, Userrel, Trustees)