From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Nominations open for the Gentoo Council 2008/2009
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 09:30:06
1 Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o> posted
2 20080606013721.06a5c36f@××××××××××××××.us, excerpted below, on Fri, 06
3 Jun 2008 01:37:21 +0000:
4
5 >> 2. As one of the first priorities will be setting policy for pending
6 >> appeals what policy do you propose ?
7
8 > I'd also add two new requirements:
9 > 1. Any appeal must be heard and decided within xxx days;
10
11 Not to seem disrespectful, but "Or what?"
12
13 Seriously, "or the appeal automatically succeeds."? Or, "or the appeal
14 automatically fails."? Does it matter what the appeal is (the scope of
15 the question wasn't limited to the current situation, so the answer must
16 apply in broad scope as well)?
17
18 I'd urge being careful here, because it a similar failure to spell out
19 the details that triggered what amounted to a bit of a constitutional
20 crisis, tho the worst now seems past, I believe with the correct decision
21 being made. (My thanks to all involved.)
22
23 So the "or what" matters, as does the scope, which is why I'm asking
24 about it.
29 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
32 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list