From: Matthias Langer <mlangc@×××.at>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [soc] Python bindings for Paludis
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 17:22:39
1 > I'm very strongly against using Gentoo SoC time and resources for things
2 > that are not officially part of Gentoo (yes, this statement could be
3 > spun however you wish) or are not official Gentoo projects. And no, just
4 > because a project has Gentoo developers in it doesn't mean that it's a
5 > Gentoo project -- let's avoid the gray areas now, shall we? Just because
6 > we have Gentoo devs who are also Gnome upstream doesn't make their
7 > Gnome-related packages that happen to be in our tree official Gentoo
8 > projects.
11 In my opinion, any project that has reasonable potential to improve
12 Gentoo as a whole *and* is strongly related to Gentoo should be
13 considerable for SoC. While this is certainly not the case for say
14 "Improving gtk+", it definitely is for Pepers project. After all, what
15 is PMS all about, if we keep on evaluating package managers solely on
16 being official Gentoo projects or not?
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list