From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] adding a code of conduct
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 10:45:48
1 On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 12:30:29PM +0200, Jan Kundrát wrote:
2 > Jon Portnoy wrote:
3 > > On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 11:50:18AM +0200, Jan Kundrát wrote:
4 > >
5 > >>I feel really confused. Have you read the logs of the recent affair?
6 > >>Devrel *hadn't* requested anything, infra made an action on their own
7 > >>and *didn't* revert it even after being told by devrel that no action
8 > >>was requested.
11 > > And then there was much discussion and it was largely resolved
12 > > between the two projects, so I don't see how it's relevant to what I
13 > > said.
14 >
15 > Well, you said that "Well, quite frankly devrel has never fallen down on
16 > the job quite so often & so hard before handling this particular
17 > incident." - but imho they didn't in the recent case, either.
20 I was referring to the current pattern devrel seems locked in to,
21 starting with current policy (and some IMO internal mishandling of the
22 situation, but in the past and nothing a flamefest should be started
23 over for sure). The 'infra picks up pieces' issue really should be a
24 last resort sort of deal.
25
26 > Thanks for polite replies, btw.
29 And same to you ;)