From: R Hill <dirtyepic.sk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: The deal with epkgmove
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 04:28:00
1 Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > On Sat, Dec 10, 2005 at 11:52:33AM +0000 or thereabouts, Ian Leitch wrote:
3 >> For the time being and near future, I think moves should be done by hand.
4 >>
5 >> What are your thoughts on this, infra?
6 >
7 > As for moving packages by hand vs. using a tool, that's not really infra's
8 > call. If you were asking about CVS vs. SVN, I have been and remain opposed
9 > to using SVN for gentoo-x86 until someone can offer a whole lot of
10 > assurances around SVN's ability to manage a repo of our size. (1.3GB,
11 > 216,000+ files and counting)
12
13 GCC also very recently moved it's entire codebase to SVN. I believe their
14 repository is around 8.5GiB all told.
15
16 http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2005-10/msg01129.html
17 http://gcc.gnu.org/svn.html
18 http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/SvnHelp