From: Panard <panard@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge with interacitve use
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 19:12:42
1 | tachyon root # emerge -vp vim
2 |
3 | These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
4 |
5 | Calculating dependencies ...done!
6 | [ebuild N ] app-editors/vim-core-6.2_pre2 -gnome +gpm -gtk -gtk2
7 | +ncurses +nls +perl +python -ruby +X [ebuild N ]
8 | app-editors/vim-6.2_pre2 -gnome +gpm -gtk -gtk2 +ncurses +nls +perl
9 | +python -ruby +X
10 |
11 | look, tells you exactly how your use flags are going to affect the build
12 |
13 | USE="-X" emerge -vp vim and observe...
14
15 yes, but it's just a little feature do to this interactivly (you do this in
16 only one command instead of two and more words... ;-) )
20 | additionally, we now have this great program for managing the plethora of
21 | USE vars called 'ufed' (app-admin/ufed).. that way you don't forget which
22 | are enabled/disabled, you can look through them all and turn on/off the
23 | support you desire.. it's a nice program, well worth emerging..
24
25 yes, yes, but this for all packages, so if you want to turn off X just for an
26 ebuild, you can't do this with ufed.
29 It's juste a little feature to do custom use to an package, with a more way
30 friendly than the -vp system
33 Thanks,
34
35 Panard