From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] devmanual moved to github
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 15:02:49
1 On 12 May 2013 21:27, Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se> wrote:
2 > Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >> > The devmanual git repository[1] moved to github[2].
4 >>
5 >> The only thing that isn't FOSS is github itself. Not sure if
6 >> others feel strongly about it.
7 >
8 > I feel strongly against github.
9 >
10 > Making something like github the primary point of contact
11 > communicates many negative things for Gentoo IMO.
12 >
13 > On the technical level I think it's unneccessary and concretely
14 > unhelpful to limit a git repo workflow to the subset that github
15 > implements.
16 >
17 > I guess that Infra might also feel strongly about this. I hope Markos
18 > discussed the move with them already and that any concerns of theirs
19 > were understood.
22 > //Peter
25 Just push to two remotes, like we have been doing for the qt overlay.
28 Cheers,
29
30 Ben | yngwin
31 Gentoo developer
32 Gentoo Qt project lead, Gentoo Wiki admin