From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] devmanual moved to github
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 13:28:13
1 Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > > The devmanual git repository[1] moved to github[2].
3 >
4 > The only thing that isn't FOSS is github itself. Not sure if
5 > others feel strongly about it.
6
7 I feel strongly against github.
8
9 Making something like github the primary point of contact
10 communicates many negative things for Gentoo IMO.
11
12 On the technical level I think it's unneccessary and concretely
13 unhelpful to limit a git repo workflow to the subset that github
14 implements.
15
16 I guess that Infra might also feel strongly about this. I hope Markos
17 discussed the move with them already and that any concerns of theirs
18 were understood.
21 //Peter