From: Edward Muller <edwardam@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: lude@××××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Fix your website please
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 12:50:01
1 This is totally OT ...
2
3 For RH 6.2 users ... just download the current mozilla build from
4 http://www.mozilla.org. Switch to the classic theme if your machine is
5 resource strapped...
6
7 Another non-proprietary browser would be konqueror, which is part of KDE
8 and works well, even in older incarnations (although KDE3's version is
9 the best so far).
10
11 Or if you really like the proprietary NS version ... NS 6.2.2 will run
12 on RH 6.2 IIRC...but that's based on an older Mozilla version than
13 what's current and the newer mozilla is much better in general....
14
15 Then there is always opera (which may work on RH 6.2 if you use the
16 tar.gz/statically linked version)...
17
18 NS 4.X.X should die, die die ...
19
20 But that's only MHO ....
21
22 And it has nothing to do with what the gentoo website should or should
23 not do...
24