From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@g.o>
To: Travis Tilley <lv@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, tools-portage@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: that script (was [gentoo-dev] Arches marking ebuilds stable before maintainer)
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 11:45:56
1 Make out a bug and assign to me personally, and it'll be done.
2
3 Kind regards,
4
5 Karl T
8 On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 03:03:33AM -0400, Travis Tilley wrote:
9 > On Tuesday 22 June 2004 04:13 am, Guy Martin wrote:
10 > > That's how I see it for most packages. The script I coded
11 > > (http://dev.gentoo.org/~gmsoft/tools/imlate) checks stable version of
12 > > a packages on a given arch against the stable version on another arch
13 > > (x86 per default).
14 >
15 > dude that is -awesome-. i would love to see something like this in
16 > gentoolkit-dev. :)
17 >
18 > i'd also like to see a better version of my revision checking script, which
19 > will compare a currently installed ebuild with the version in portage and
20 > tell you if they differ. i wrote it because i got annoyed while trying to fix
21 > a package... apparently the bug was in a package it depended on. one that was
22 > already fixed without revision bumping because the bug only effected amd64.
23 > >_< but i have a -lot- more work to do on revcheck before it's generally
24 > usable (and ignores changes we dont care about).
25 > my initial version: http://dev.gentoo.org/~lv/revcheck.sh
26 > the version ecatmur fixed up to have overlay support:
27 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~lv/revcheck2.sh
28 >
29 > i'd love to know how many of these insanely useful tools are out there, just
30 > not in general use. i know for sure imlate is going into my personal
31 > toolbox. :)
34 > --
35 >
36 > Travis Tilley <lv@g.o>