From: Travis Tilley <lv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: tools-portage@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: that script (was [gentoo-dev] Arches marking ebuilds stable before maintainer)
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 10:59:58
1 On Tuesday 22 June 2004 04:13 am, Guy Martin wrote:
2 > That's how I see it for most packages. The script I coded
3 > (http://dev.gentoo.org/~gmsoft/tools/imlate) checks stable version of
4 > a packages on a given arch against the stable version on another arch
5 > (x86 per default).
6
7 dude that is -awesome-. i would love to see something like this in
8 gentoolkit-dev. :)
9
10 i'd also like to see a better version of my revision checking script, which
11 will compare a currently installed ebuild with the version in portage and
12 tell you if they differ. i wrote it because i got annoyed while trying to fix
13 a package... apparently the bug was in a package it depended on. one that was
14 already fixed without revision bumping because the bug only effected amd64.
15 >_< but i have a -lot- more work to do on revcheck before it's generally
16 usable (and ignores changes we dont care about).
17 my initial version: http://dev.gentoo.org/~lv/revcheck.sh
18 the version ecatmur fixed up to have overlay support:
19 http://dev.gentoo.org/~lv/revcheck2.sh
20
21 i'd love to know how many of these insanely useful tools are out there, just
22 not in general use. i know for sure imlate is going into my personal
23 toolbox. :)
28 Travis Tilley <lv@g.o>
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list