From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Farewell, Gentoo.
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 15:51:40
1 On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 05:44:31 -0800, David Shakaryan <omp@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 > Hello, everybody!
4 >
5 > I would like to formally request that I be retired from the Gentoo
6 > project. A developer since 2006, there is a lot I would like to thank
7 > the community for. Over the past few years, I have learnt a lot, and
8 > have had the pleasure to work with and befriend many wonderful people.
9 >
10 > However, I can no longer find the time, nor the motivation, to continue
11 > working on the project. Despite my numerous comeback attempts, I believe
12 > it's time to face the facts and admit that I've changed as a person and
13 > Gentoo is no longer one of my priorities. I have other things in life I
14 > need to pursue.
15 >
16 > I will not be vanishing from the community altogether. You should still
17 > be able to find me on IRC (omp @ freenode). And, if you care enough, I
18 > have recently created a Twitter account (@ompskees) as well.
19 >
20 > Once again, thank you for everything, but my time has come. Adieu!
21
22 Bye David, I wish you luck on whatever way you choose to follow from now
23 on.
24 --
25 Jesús Guerrero