From: Tyler Pohl <tylerapohl@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A question to Russian Gentoo Developers Community about import software substitution
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2015 22:28:18
1 How can I unsucribe from this mailing list
2 On May 9, 2015 1:25 AM, "Dmitry Yu Okunev" <dyokunev@××××××××.ru> wrote:
3
4 > 08.05.2015 23:05, Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov пишет:
5 >
6 >> I had been trying to push the idea of creating an united FOSS community
7 >>> to solve problems of the higher school of the Russian Federation. But
8 >>> such initiatives faded due to absence of support of top executives… And
9 >>> now (according to e.g. [1]) it won't be a problem, IMHO.
10 >>>
11 >>
12 >> It would. Just because of the fact, that "top executives" (in Education
13 >> Dept,
14 >> in regional ministerys and so on) is that kind of clerks, that WOULDN'T
15 >> accept
16 >> anything if it is impossible to get (read as "steal") some money in
17 >> personal.
20 > The link [1] shows that the _can_ get money in personal.
21 >
22 > And I'd prefer
23 >>> make a distribution for the higher shool based on Gentoo Linux.
24 >>>
25 >>
26 >> I'd also prefer, but it is not that possible as you imagine. There is such
27 >> thing as certification in Federal Security Service (FSB) and so on.
30 > 1. It's not a big problem. We can certify a release of our Gentoo based
31 > distribution. It's just need a money to pay to laboratories. Plus
32 > big universities (like my) have enough social ties to fast push
33 > such things through Russian bureaucracy machines, IMO. And we
34 > can return the spent money the same way as ALT Linux (by selling
35 > tech support coupons).
36 >
37 > 2. The Federal Service for Technical and Export Control (ФСТЭК) and
38 > Federal Security Service (ФСБ) certificates required only to process
39 > big systems with personal data (ФЗ-152). For the rest systems (like
40 > ordinal desktop) it's not required at all.
41 >
42 > So
43 >>> here's the Question:
44 >>>
45 >>> Does anybody interested in creating a consortium to send an application
46 >>> to the Ministry of Communications?
47 >>>
48 >>
49 >> I'm partially interested to mentally maintain that, but I have to free
50 >> time to
51 >> activelly do anything in personal (but, probably, will be fine in a
52 >> group).
55 > I just offer to unite efforts. You don't need to free an additional time.
56 > We just need to find common problems and solve it together as a project for
57 > Ministry of Communications. Other good people will connect to us and
58 > meanwhile the support of the ministry will stimulate the top executives.
59 >
60 > Specifically, I'm interested in making a distribution for the higher
61 > school of Russian Federation.
62 >
63 > But, as I said, I doubt in success of that operation. But... Let the
64 >> Force be
65 >> with us...
68 > There was a lot of doubtable (but good) projects in my life. However few
69 > of them successfully started and completed. I think we _must_ try if we
70 > believe in FOSS. Sorry for this pathos :)
71 >
72 > P.S. I'd not use politic-related phrases (like "import software
73 >> substitution")
74 >> in international communities at all and here in particular.
77 > Sorry for that. I was thinking that it's better to make subject more
78 > concrete.
81 > Best regards, Dmitry.