From: Gontran <gontran@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Email server "out of the box"...
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 17:31:46
1 * Cult Hero (culthero@××××××××.info) wrote:
2 > We may want to evaluate vpopmail vs vmailmgr. vpopmail might be easier to
3 > set up since it uses one user for all vdomains and vmailmgr uses a user per
4 > domain. Also, as far as I can tell, vpopmail has a larger user base. It'll
5 > also work with courier-imap and a lot of web frontends.
6 >
7 It would be ideal if one could _either_ install vpopmail or vmailmgr
8 with their out of the box qmail. I know I've had different occassions
9 where I had vmailmgr running on the system, but really could have used
10 vpopmail. On the other hand, with respect to completeness in virtual
11 hosting, vmailmgr is the way to go. With vmailmgr, chroots for pure-ftp
12 are ready to go, everydomain can manage their mail accounts with omail,
13 etc.
14
15 I'd like to tag along for this one too.
16
17 Gontran