From: Cult Hero <culthero@××××××××.info>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Email server "out of the box"...
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 17:08:30
1 We may want to evaluate vpopmail vs vmailmgr. vpopmail might be easier to
2 set up since it uses one user for all vdomains and vmailmgr uses a user per
3 domain. Also, as far as I can tell, vpopmail has a larger user base. It'll
4 also work with courier-imap and a lot of web frontends.
5
6 Whatever the case, I'm semi-familiar vpopmail and have never touched
7 vmailmgr. Although... if we do one we might as well do both since they're
8 easily the two most popular products to use in conjunction with qmail for
9 virtual domains. I believe vpopmail can be configured to work with postfix
10 too, but seeing has I have absolutely no experience with postfix I'm not a
11 lot of good in that arena.
12
13 I've also never written an ebuild... but no time like the present to learn.
14 I'm just glad I'm not in a rush on this new server.
15
16 Joshua
17