From: Thilo Bangert <thilo.bangert@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Email server "out of the box"...
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 17:57:53
1 Hi,
2
3 On Sunday, 10. March 2002 00:04, you wrote:
4 > We may want to evaluate vpopmail vs vmailmgr. vpopmail might be
5 > easier to set up since it uses one user for all vdomains and vmailmgr
6 > uses a user per domain. Also, as far as I can tell, vpopmail has a
7 > larger user base. It'll also work with courier-imap and a lot of web
8 > frontends.
9 >
10 > Whatever the case, I'm semi-familiar vpopmail and have never touched
11 > vmailmgr. Although... if we do one we might as well do both since
12 > they're easily the two most popular products to use in conjunction
13 > with qmail for virtual domains. I believe vpopmail can be configured
14 > to work with postfix too, but seeing has I have absolutely no
15 > experience with postfix I'm not a lot of good in that arena.
16 >
17 > I've also never written an ebuild... but no time like the present to
18 > learn. I'm just glad I'm not in a rush on this new server.
21 my machine has to be setup with vmailmgr, so this is not really an
22 issue for me... this has been decided in a different time and place...
23
24 i feel like i know vmailmgr pretty well, and i can see how the parts
25 will work together (mainly because i have a different machine with it
26 running already)
27
28 to be honest, i don't know vpopmail to well, but when i had to choose i
29 chose vmailmgr...
30
31 > Joshua
35 regards