From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: sys-apps/diffutils dependency on >=sys-apps/man-pages-2.46
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 00:19:15
1 Stefan Hellermann <stefan@×××××××××××.de> posted
2 4776B1F9.2060302@×××××××××××.de, excerpted below, on Sat, 29 Dec 2007
3 21:45:45 +0100:
4
5 > why has sys-apps/diffutils a dependency on >=sys-apps/man-pages-2.46?
6 >
7 > I'm using a embedded uclibc system
8
9 There are people here who work with embedded and ulibc. I'm not one of
10 them and won't try to answer directly. However, to fix the dependency...
11
12 Use /etc/portage/profiles/package.provided. See the portage manpage for
13 details. I have a number of "unnecessary dependencies" listed there, and
14 a few virtuals faked in a virtuals file in the same dir, as well. If you
15 don't like Gentoo's dependencies, they /do/ give you a way to change them
16 yourself without a whole lot of trouble. =8^)
17
18 BTW, if you aren't yet aware of it, there's the Gentoo-embedded list.
19 Next time I'd suggest trying there, first. =8^)
24 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list