From: Christopher Sawtell <csawtell@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [GLEP] RFC - Keywording scheme
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 23:50:20
1 On Tuesday 17 April 2007 01:10:20 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 [ ... ]
3
4 > Yeah, ulimit won't do it. We hit this issue with mimedefang, actually.
5 > Our problem is that the kernel is doing the limiting. We ended up
6 > having to split things up a good bit into multiple processes to get
7 > everything working. We also added another machine to the cluster to try
8 > to reduce the load on any one server at a time. Nothing we did with
9 > ulimit made a bit of difference.
10
11 http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-increase-the-maximum-number-of-open-files/
15 CS