From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] link or patch?
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 12:46:37
1 On Sun, 2002-01-13 at 21:22, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > > Some packages look for files in the wrong place, e.g. /usr/include/libxml
3 > > for files which gentoo puts in /usr/include/libxml2/libxml, and don't
4 > > have configure options to specify the correct path. One can fix this
5 > > either by patching Makefiles or by creating symlinks. I normally do
6 > > the latter. My question is: What should one do in an ebuild? Does
7 > > gentoo have a policy about how to fix these packages?
8 >
9 > In general we prefer to patch the Makefiles (or add the correct flag
10 > to ./configure).
13 You can also do something like:
14
15 src_compile(){
16
17 CFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -I/usr/include/libxml2"
18
19 ./configure ......
20
21 }
24 Greetings,
28 Martin Schlemmer
29 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Developer
30 Cape Town, South Africa