From: Grant Goodyear <goodyea@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] link or patch?
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 12:25:11
1 > Some packages look for files in the wrong place, e.g. /usr/include/libxml
2 > for files which gentoo puts in /usr/include/libxml2/libxml, and don't
3 > have configure options to specify the correct path. One can fix this
4 > either by patching Makefiles or by creating symlinks. I normally do
5 > the latter. My question is: What should one do in an ebuild? Does
6 > gentoo have a policy about how to fix these packages?
7
8 In general we prefer to patch the Makefiles (or add the correct flag
9 to ./configure).
10
11 Best,
12 g2boojum