From: Jacob Godserv <jacobgodserv@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Blockers and package moves
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 14:08:05
1 On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 11:10, Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
2 > How about playing nicely with overlays where the moves didn't happen
3 > (yet)?
4
5 I'm not a developer, but based on my experience, playing nicely with
6 overlays in general is a can of worms, and as far as I can tell has to
7 do with the fact that overlays have always needed to react to changes
8 in portage tree. (For example, if an overlay has pkg-0.1-r1 that fixes
9 a bug, and in portage tree 0.2 is available but still has the bug,
10 then the overlay needs to have a 0.2-r1.)
11
12 I'm not sure you have to worry about overlays. The developers of the
13 overlays will worry about them.
14
15 Now, for the educated: is this fair or accurate?
18     Jacob
19
20     "For then there will be great distress, unequaled
21     from the beginning of the world until now — and never
22     to be equaled again. If those days had not been cut
23     short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the
24     elect those days will be shortened."
25
26     Are you ready?