From: Jauhien Piatlicki <jauhien@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] My masterplan for git migration (+ looking for infra to test it)
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 10:11:17
1 Hi,
2
3 On 09/15/2014 01:37 AM, Kent Fredric wrote:
4 > On 15 September 2014 11:25, hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
5 >
6 >> Robin said
7 >>> The Git commit-signing design explicitly signs the entire commit,
8 >> including blob contents, to avoid this security problem.
9 >>
10 >> Is this correct or not?
13 > I can verify a commit by hand with only the commit object and gpg, but
14 > without any of the trees or parents.
15 >
16 > https://gist.github.com/kentfredric/8448fe55ffab7d314ecb
20 So signing of git commits does not guarantee enough security (taking
21 that SHA1 is weak and can be broken), right? Could we than just use
22 usual (not thin) manifests?
25 Jauhien