From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] app-sci is 180, split in order?
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 03:27:47
1 On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 19:09 -0800, George Shapovalov wrote:
2 > Hi guys.
3 >
4 > I tried to count how many packages we already have in sci for that previous
5 > message (recruiting new devs) and realized we are at 180 solely in app-sci
6 > already. So, should we split this? I envision something along these lines:
7 >
8 > sci-stat statistics, data analysis
9 > sci-simu simulations, MD, Monte Carlo, etc.
10
11 How do you discriminate between this and the next one?
12
13 > sci-hpc high performance computing, clustering
14
15 Probably sys-cluster for the lower-level stuff
16
17 > sci-libs well, libs essentially
18
19 Sure, there's a bunch of stuff in various *-libs now that should
20 probably be in a sci* thing.
21
22 > sci-misc everything else