From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [POLICY] Keywording/Stabilizing Bug Assignment Policy
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 02:59:25
1 On Fri, 2007-04-20 at 17:33 -0600, Ryan Hill wrote:
2 > Or even just some way
3 > to differentiate CCed archs from CCed randompeoples.
4
5 You probably need to "emerge eyeballs" and enable them with the "look"
6 command. After the look command gets the input, you'll need to parse it
7 with the "think" subroutine, and that should tell you quite quickly
8 whether the CC list includes any architecture teams or not. *grin*
9
10 Seriously, this has worked for the arch teams quite well up until now.
11 I really don't see the need to change things. Doing the reassignment
12 doesn't really gain us anything. In my case, it usually makes things
13 harder on me, since I many times simply look at CC to see what arches
14 still need to do something. The worst offenders are the bugs that are
15 assigned to one arch and still have other arches listed on CC.
16
17 Personally, I like the "assign to maintainer, CC arches" approach and
18 see no reason to reassign anything, even if there is just one
19 architecture left. Of course, I think the maintainer should be assigned
20 *any* bug that involves their package, even when it is just a keyword
21 request. As others have stated, there's many times when there might be
22 a problem with the package the maintainer needs notification on, and
23 I've stated that I've seen a few recent stabilization requests for
24 packages that shouldn't have been stabilized/keyworded. Were I not on a
25 couple arch teams, I never would have even known that someone requested
26 the package get keyword changes.
29 Chris Gianelloni
30 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
31 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
32 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
33 Gentoo Foundation