From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
Cc: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 30: "Planet Gentoo" web log aggregator
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:10:53
1 On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 07:32, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 12:55:03AM +0100 or thereabouts, Daniel Drake wrote:
3 > > The alternative to this is not to provide our developers with weblog
4 > > hosting - instead, we'd get people to sign up for one of the many free
5 > > blogging services available elsewhere.
6 >
7 > As I've said on IRC a few times, I think it's important to offer blogs to
8 > our developers that don't already have them, but want to take advantage of
9 > the planetgentoo service. That said, I don't see a lot of other devs here
10 > clamoring for this feature, so I may have been wrong.
11 >
12 > If there are devs out there that want to see us host blogs as part of GLEP
13 > 30, please speak up. Otherwise, we may elect to dump that particular
14 > feature and just go with an aggregator
15
16 If we are going to get in the business of blogs I just assume that we
17 have and host one that available to our devs.
18 I might use such a service if it existed for gentoo devs.
19 Chances are I'd never go find a 3rd party place to sign up, or configure
20 my own and aggregate back to gentoo with. So if it existed I might use
21 it, If we don't host one then I'll probably never said service.
22
23 > .
24 >
25 > --kurt
26 --
27 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
28 Gentoo (hardened,security,infrastructure,embedded) Developer