From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Please follow keywording policy
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 08:28:04
1 On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 09:54:56 +0200 Alin Nastac <mrness@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | I always test unpack/compile/install functionality of the ebuild
4 | before submittion, even if the submittion means only a script change.
5 | So, from my point of view, every ebuild of mine at least must get
6 | installed. Of course, it doesn't mean that install process will
7 | succeed on any other machines than mine...
8
9 What? "It compiles! Ship it!"?
10
11 | I'm only saying that no one will take your head if you do a mistake,
12 | but when you're not doing nothing because you are fearing of a
13 | mistake - this is problem. To err is human, you know.
14 | As for marking an ebuild stable over a month, this is the ideal case.
15 | On average, I mark an ebuild stable on x86 after 2 months.
16
17 I find it rather worrying that this is considered acceptable on x86...
20 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
21 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
22 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm