From: Mark Guertin <gerk@g.o>
To: Ernesto <xtango@×××××××××××××.ar>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo 1.4 suggestion - bootstrap with distcc
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 21:30:19
1 On October 9, 2002 03:21 pm, Ernesto wrote:
2 > Interesting... I've seen distcc fail to compile some packages but
3 > -fortunately- I haven't had any problem with packages that distcc
4 > successfully compiled. I only used versions 0.10 and 0.11.
5 >
6 > I still would like to beta-test a bootstrap process powered by distcc. In
7 > case it works, it would be a really nice speed boost to the installation
8 > process. I think it's worth the time even if you only build gcc, glibc and
9 > the kernel with distcc (gcc and kernel are confirmed to work ok).
10
11 This should be a super simple solution for you to try if you are interested.
12 Simply make a distcc binary pkg (emerge -b) on a similar working system, then
13 unbzip it to new system and setup accordingly before your bootstrap :)
14
15 Mark