From: Evan Read <eread@×××××××××.org>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Feedback on new ebuilds
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 17:09:34
1 On Sun, 2002-10-06 at 15:57, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > > Bogofilter is ok except upstream (the venerable ESR) hasn't used a
3 > > configure script so the make process doesn't use custom CFLAGS unless
4 > > they are overridden. I can manually override them, but can anyone
5 > > suggest how I can get the settings from make.conf into the ebuild?
6 > one common way is to do a `sed` on it ...
7 > cp Makefile Makefile.orig
8 > sed -e "s:TEXT TO FIND:TEXT TO REPLACE WITH:" Makefile.orig > Makefile
9 > make
10
11 I would need to grep the make.conf for the appropriate line, wouldn't I?
12 I haven't figured that CFLAGS is an environment variable anyware.
13
14 I can match the right line with grep, but I haven't figured out how to
15 store the match in another var I could then use thus:
16
17 # cat /etc/make.conf | grep ^CFLAGS=
18 result of grep or something stored in $1 <- Perl Like ;)
19 # make $1 <- which will override the CFLAGS in the makefile
20
21 Suggestions? I thought this to be the easiest way. I could redirect
22 grep to a file, but would rather keep it in memory.
23
24 > > p.s. Should they not suck, and get committed, is one of the core
25 > > members then the "maintainer" of the ebuilds, or do I maintain control?
26 > > Does one have to have commit access to have this control?
27 >
28 > you submit them via bugs.gentoo.org and an official dev will commit them
29 > to cvs. if you want updates/patches/etc..., you can talk to the offical dev
30 > directly or submit bug reports via bugs.gentoo.org
31 > -mike
32
33 Cool.
37 "The future comes 60 minutes an hour no matter who you are or what you
38 do."
39 The Screwtape Letters - C.S. Lewis