From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Feedback on new ebuilds
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 00:57:27
1 > Bogofilter is ok except upstream (the venerable ESR) hasn't used a
2 > configure script so the make process doesn't use custom CFLAGS unless
3 > they are overridden. I can manually override them, but can anyone
4 > suggest how I can get the settings from make.conf into the ebuild?
5 one common way is to do a `sed` on it ...
6 cp Makefile Makefile.orig
7 sed -e "s:TEXT TO FIND:TEXT TO REPLACE WITH:" Makefile.orig > Makefile
8 make
9
10 > p.s. Should they not suck, and get committed, is one of the core
11 > members then the "maintainer" of the ebuilds, or do I maintain control?
12 > Does one have to have commit access to have this control?
13
14 you submit them via bugs.gentoo.org and an official dev will commit them
15 to cvs. if you want updates/patches/etc..., you can talk to the offical dev
16 directly or submit bug reports via bugs.gentoo.org
17 -mike