From: Evan Read <eread@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Feedback on new ebuilds
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 00:50:10
1 Hey guys,
2
3 I have created a couple of ebuilds for Judy and Bogofilter.
4
5 I would like some feedback. They are available from:
6 http://eread.freeshell.org/ebuilds.php
7
8 Judy is pretty good, but if anyone can suggest additions or ways of
9 using more built in methods, let me know. I would be most appreciative.
10
11 Bogofilter is ok except upstream (the venerable ESR) hasn't used a
12 configure script so the make process doesn't use custom CFLAGS unless
13 they are overridden. I can manually override them, but can anyone
14 suggest how I can get the settings from make.conf into the ebuild?
15
16 Appreciate any and all feedback.
17
18 Thanks.
19
20 p.s. Should they not suck, and get committed, is one of the core
21 members then the "maintainer" of the ebuilds, or do I maintain control?
22 Does one have to have commit access to have this control?
25 "The future comes 60 minutes an hour no matter who you are or what you
26 do."
27 The Screwtape Letters - C.S. Lewis