From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] mesa r600 gallium will be default, was: Re: USE conditionals in news items (GLEP 42)
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 19:37:24
1 Duncan schrieb:
2 > I've not tried it yet in the
3 > kernel-3.x era, but every few months I try gallium here, on my radeon hd4650
4 > (rv730) AGP, and it has never worked. I get a severe lockup (magic-srq fails,
5 > only the BRB works) every single time, as I approach the desktop (KDE, now
6 > 4.7.0).
7
8 That is a kernel problem, and not related to mesa. More specifically,
9 AGP support is buggy and using r600 AGP cards with the radeon driver is
10 problematic to put it mildly.
11
12 Upstream has enabled the gallium driver by default, and the classic
13 driver is now in maintenance mode. The change in eselect is only
14 reflecting that.
17 Best regards,
18 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn