From: Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] AMD64 Arch Testers needed urgently
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 21:23:23
1 On 2017-12-14 21:53, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > I'm skeptical the keywords for most packages matter, particularly on
3 > common arches. Remember this is usually software that upstream
4 > already tested and released; so most of the bugs would be ebuild /
5 > Gentoo related.
6
7 That's why I prefer Debian's SID -> Testing workflow.
8
9 If a package has multiple users, a serious problem will popup very soon.
10 So stabilization would be blocked.
11
12 If a package hasn't many users and a problem also affects only a special
13 configuration we maybe won't notice before "regular" stabilization and
14 after some time...
15
16 So why should we wait...
20 Regards,
21 Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Linux Developer
22 C4DD 695F A713 8F24 2AA1 5638 5849 7EE5 1D5D 74A5