From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: ciaranm@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Arches marking ebuilds stable before maintainer
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 00:58:01
1 Ciaran McCreesh said:
2 > If in doubt, the relevant person is consulted on IRC or by email first.
3 >
4 > This isn't a case of us consistently going around marking dodgy things
5 > as stable. We keyword *as is appropriate*, and the system works.
6
7 The key thing here isn't when something is keyworded, it's communication
8 between the package maintainer and the arch maintainers. If you're gonna
9 keyword something you have any questions or doubts about, just talk to the
10 package maintainer about it, as Ciaran said. It's simple.
11
12 Poor communication has consistently hampered Gentoo in a huge variety of
13 areas, including this one. I think it's something we really need to focus
14 on -- but I'll get off my soapbox now before I write a few pages.
15
16 Donnie
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list