From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 15:29:00
1 On 18-03-20 23:17:52, Michael Palimaka wrote:
2 > I see that in bug #650964[1] Council is pushing forward again with
3 > implementing user whitelisting on this mailing list (ie. anyone that is
4 > not "approved" will have their mail rejected).
5 >
6 > Could someone please explain how this doesn't directly contradict the
7 > core tenets of an open and inclusive community?
8 >
9 > 1: https://bugs.gentoo.org/650964
12 While I personally do no agree with mailing list moderation infra has
13 been tasked with moving forward on it. In that vein, this is what we
14 are proposing.
15
16 Install and configure mailman3/hyperkitty/postorius once they all
17 support python3. Specifically we wish to use docker-mailman for this so
18 we can easilly redeploy this on diferent machines as needed.
19
20 mailman3 gives us two good things, it has support for moderation (for
21 better or worse) and it handles senders using dmarc.
22
23 There are still some issues with it infra side (archiving will still
24 have to use the old system) and moving mailing lists is going to be fun,
25 but them the breaks.
28 Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)