From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 18:20:25
1 On 03/20/2018 04:28 PM, Matthew Thode wrote:
2 > On 18-03-20 23:17:52, Michael Palimaka wrote:
3 >> I see that in bug #650964[1] Council is pushing forward again with
4 >> implementing user whitelisting on this mailing list (ie. anyone that is
5 >> not "approved" will have their mail rejected).
6 >>
7 >> Could someone please explain how this doesn't directly contradict the
8 >> core tenets of an open and inclusive community?
9 >>
10 >> 1: https://bugs.gentoo.org/650964
11 >>
12 > While I personally do no agree with mailing list moderation infra has
13 > been tasked with moving forward on it. In that vein, this is what we
14 > are proposing.
15 >
16 > Install and configure mailman3/hyperkitty/postorius once they all
17 > support python3. Specifically we wish to use docker-mailman for this so
18 > we can easilly redeploy this on diferent machines as needed.
19 >
20 > mailman3 gives us two good things, it has support for moderation (for
21 > better or worse) and it handles senders using dmarc.
22 >
23 > There are still some issues with it infra side (archiving will still
24 > have to use the old system) and moving mailing lists is going to be fun,
25 > but them the breaks.
26
27 Switching to mailman might have some good merits on its own, but as I
28 understand it it isn't necessary for the proposal at hand, that can be
29 solved using access control lists in mlmmj-process?
32 Kristian Fiskerstrand
33 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
34 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3